Kinks, Curls, and Swimming
So the Princess has seen the pool and she is going in head first. Don't worry! You can help her hair survive the summer fun. Just follow these easy steps:
1. Before the pool water has a chance to touch even one strand, drench her hair in regular water and conditioner.
2. Seal it in with a little oil. Make sure you are separating the hair in medium sections so you can fully cover every strand.
3. This step is optional, but a good one, cover her hair in a swim cap.
4. After the pool fun rinse her hair thoroughly.
5. Shampoo. If her hair is in a protective style like corn rows, dilute the shampoo first before pouring it into the hair.
5. Rinse, rinse, rinse.
6. Condition as normal
7. Remove some or all of the excess water, LCO, then style.
If she is swimming often ( a couple times a week) you can shampoo and condition quickly most days. However, be sure to do her full out hair routine including deep conditioning at least once a month.